Happy Tuesday and Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t have any special plans this year for Valentine’s Day so I’m taking my mom out for dinner. It will be just us girls!
I’ve never been a huge Valentine’s Day fan because I think it’s important to celebrate the people in your life every day.
But there is always an occasion to get dressed up and make yourself look great. I brought this white dress in December for a holiday party. I love the way winter white just pops and I think every woman should have this as a key piece in their wardrobe.
I decided to pair this dress with simple accessories like this lipstick from Nars and this bib necklace. The bold burgundy colors are a great way to add pops of color to this class white dress without over doing it.
You’ve probably noticed I’m been quiet around here lately. I published my last blog post in January. My life lately has been a little crazy lately with managing my full-time job, finishing up grad school and trying to fit in some me time.
I love blogging and this space is a place for me to express my creativity.
I have 10 weeks left until I’m done with grad school! Can’t wait! I’m really looking forward it to because I have a new project that I’m working on that I’ll to reveal to you this summer.
In the meantime, I’ve got some exciting new content to share with you on here.
To kick off 2017, Target is casting aside all the ‘typical resolutions’ and instead focusing on being HAPPY by partnering with celebrity trainer Anna Kaiser to introduce C9 Champion Limited Edition by Anna Kaiser. The first design partnership for C9 Champion is now available in select Target locations as well as on Target.com.
To celebrate the launch and help guests embrace healthy living at a critical time, Target will be bringing Anna’s fun, playful workout to Atlanta! As part of a greater tour hitting select cities across the country, the Happier, Healthier You event will offer Anna’s Happy Hour dance-based interval class to the public for free on a first-come, first-served sign-up basis.
The pop-up studio, located in Atlanta’s Target Edgewood Parking Lot, will feature 12 open workout classes throughout two days, and the C9 Champion Limited Edition by Anna Kaiser collection will be newly showcased in-store along with other Target wellness products for guests’ shopping convenience. Serving as Atlanta’s very first AKT experience, the event will take place on January 12th and 13th. Join me and Anna next week.
Target Atlanta Edgewood
1275 Caroline Street NE
Atlanta, GA 30307
Happy New Year! Can’t believe it’s 2017! Wishing you a happy and healthy new year.
I’ve got a lot new plans for this blog in 2017.
What to expect:
- More features about things to do in Atlanta
- Relaunching my travel series
- Adding a health and wellness column
- Adding a blogging and business advice column
- And a secret project I’m launching in summer of 2017.
Thank you for remaining a patient and loyal reader this year. In April 2017, I’ll be done with grad school which will allow me to get back to my regular routine of blogging.
The cards pictured above are from Shutterfly. It’s not too late too order some New Years cards to send to your family. Click here to view their awesome selection. They’ll also throw in a free photo book for being a loyal reader of Eat.Drink.Shop.Love.
2016 was a great year for the food, fashion, and design industry. Turmeric became the spice everyone wanted to use in their food, off the shoulder tops had a big comeback, the design industry made florals hot again. 2017 is rapidly approaching and I am already looking forward to seeing what’s going to be a popular trend in the new year. Pinterest just released its 2017 Pinterest 100 trends report earlier this month and the list is filled with a few surprises. They developed this list based on the most popular pins saved on Pinterest during 2016.
Here are the top 12 food, fashion, beauty and design trends to watch out for in 2017.
- Food is Medicine- In 2016, foods that were good for your health like turmeric saw a big upswing. Everyone, including myself, wanted to consume this powerful spice because of its known health benefits. The trend of using food as medicine is here to stay. Look for foods like grapeseed oil, jackfruit, and kimchi to pop up on your favorite restaurant menus, cookbooks, and food blogs in 2017.
- It is all about Cuban Cuisine– The travel ban to Cuba was lifted in 2016 and Americans are starting to travel to this destination again. Cuba will be the place to go in 2017 but it will also have an impact on our culinary cuisine at home. Expect to see Cuban empanadas, ropa vieja, guava inspired desserts on restaurant menus in 2017.
- Brew your own beer at home– The craft beer industry was all the rage in 2016 and local breweries were popping up everywhere. In 2017, people will want to know how to brew their own craft beers at home. So expect to see home brew kits like this one sold in grocery and liquor stores around the country.
- Camel is the new black– Camel was a popular color this fall for the fashion industry. The color is becoming a staple piece in many people’s closets. This is a trend that is here to stay in 2017.
- Statement sleeves are the new off the shoulder– Cold-shoulder tops were cool while they lasted but expect to see a lot of people wearing bell-bottom sleeves next Spring and Fall like this one.
- Men will add scarfs to their accessories collection-I was just at a holiday party and all men wearing plaid scarves with their blazers. I love that this look is becoming a trend.
- Earthy Greens–The Pantone Color of 2017 was just announced and its “Greenery”. This bright neon green color is earthy and refreshing. Based on the spring runways from Fashion Week, we can expect to see a lot of this color in our spring wardrobe.
- Natural hair and beauty will take center stage– 2017 is all about everything natural when its comes to skin care and beauty. I already rock this mantra but I’m excited to see more natural hair and beauty products on the market.
- Micro-blading is the new threading– Microblading started to generate buzz during the latter part of 2016 but it looks like this trend will become popular in 2017. This process takes a few hours so expect to block out some time on your calendar to get this done. Curious to learn how the process works? This video tutorial explains it all.
- It’s all about the Gold-plated nail- Last summer it was all about the round-shaped nail but this summer everyone will be wearing gold plated nails. I like this trend and I definitely might test this out for NYE.
- Chip and Joanna Gains made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again- One of my favorite HGTV shows is Fixer Upper starring Chip and Joanna Gains. I love their farmhouse inspired designs. Their show has made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again. Expect too see more of this style in 2017.
- Jewel tones take a strong note-Jewel tones are expected to dominate the design industry in 2017. Vibrant colors like emerald greens will bring homes to life.
What trends are you looking forward to seeing in 2017?