One of my newly favorite fall obsession’s is pumpkin. I started eating pumpkin a few years ago and can’t get enough of it. I love pumpkin lattes, pumpkin pasta, pumpkin soups, and especially a good pumpkin muffin. After reading this article in The Kitchn about making homemade pumpkin puree, I decided to use fresh pumpkin to bake my favorite pumpkin muffins.My secret to making any muffin moist is by adding yogurt to the batter. For some reason yogurt always seems to keep the muffin from drying out. The worst types of muffins are ones that crumble in your hand.
Do you love pumpkin? What’s your favorite fall food?
- 1 can of pumpkin puree or 2 cups of fresh pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves
- 1 3/4 cup of gluten-free or all-purpose flour
- 1. Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tin with liners
- 2. In a large bowl, mix together oil, greek yogurt, maple syrup,pumpkin pie puree, eggs. Beat until smooth.
- 3. In a separate bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- 4. Combine the wet and dry mixtures together. Stir until completely blended. Divide evenly into muffin liners.
- 5. Bake for 25-35 minutes in the oven or until done. Check with toothpick to make sure they are done.
Check out 15 Fall Favorites
**This recipe is sponsored by Foodie.com