Sweet potato toast has been one of the hottest food trends gracing the breakfast table for American foodies. This low-carb breakfast option is an easy and nutritious breakfast option to step up your morning routine. It is literally the best thing since sliced bread! and it is kid-friendly too! I even found pre-sliced sweet potatoes at my local Earthfare grocery store. Today I’m sharing how to make sweet potato toast two ways with a sweet and savory recipe.
- 1 large sweet potato
- 1 tbs of honey
- 3 tbs of chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1/2 cup strawberries sliced
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced
- 1. Slice the sweet potato lengthwise into ¼ inch thick slices
- 2. Place the sweet potato slices in a toaster or toaster oven on high for about 5 minutes or until cooked through. Continue to toast until done.
- 3. For the sweet variety top the toast with hazelnut spread, honey, and strawberries. For the savory variety top the toast with mashed avocado, tomato, and sea salt.
Recipe grocery list: Sweet Potatoes, Hazelnut Spread, Strawberries, Honey, Avocadoes, Cherry Tomatoes, Sea Salt