This weekend I received my February Birchbox in the mail. I was excited to see what was in this month’s box because I’ve heard that February is the best month.
This month’s box include great beauty samples from the several new brands. Check out what I got this month below and what I think of each product so far.
Colorescience pro ® | Glow and Travel Puff – I haven’t tried this because it’s a self tanner and I’m already pretty tan.
Jouer | Luminizing Moisture Tint- This product is great! I wore it this weekend and it wasn’t too thick and didn’t wash me out.
Orofluido ™ | Hair Oil
WEI ™ | Chinese Rose Foaming Cleanser- I am always looking for a good cleanser and this one worked great. My skin felt great after using it.
Chuao Chocolatier | Spicy Maya ChocoPod
Birchbox Extra: Digital Download of the new Green River Ordinance, an indie rock band
Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription based delivery service. Each month I receive a box of new beauty products to receive. It costs $10 a month. It’s so popular that there is a wait list to sign-up. So if you want to get wait listed click here to sign up.
This weekend I had plans to head to my local Sephora to restock my make up supply. Except on Friday, I ran across two articles mentioning the release of new products from NARS and Benefit. Two of my favorite beauty brands!
Next month NARS and Benefit will both release new products. NARS will debut its new Pure Radiance Tinted Moisturizer and Benefit will release its Hello Flawless Foundation.
The NARS Tinted Moisturizer will be available in nine shades for $42. It will be available online and at Nordstroms stores beginning February 1. In March, the product will be available everywhere.
The Benefit Foundation will be available in nine shades beginning online February 15 and in-stores starting March 15 at the price point of $34.
Fall is my favorite season. I love the autumn colors, cooler temperatures, and fashion trends. So I created a wish list of all the fashion finds I can’t wait to add to my wardrobe. I am obsessed with cross-body bags,maxi skirts, moccasins, polka dots, blazers, and bright colors.
1. Kate Spade Essex Scout Crossbody Bag- $395
2. Topshop Teal Maxi Skirt-$80
3.Beklina Manimal Moccasins– $195
4. Splendid Polka Dot Zipper Tee–$74
5. Essie Fall 2011 Collection
6. Smythe Wool-blend equestrian jacket-$252
7. J.Crew Edie Tote–$348
What’s on your wish list this fall? I would love to hear about it!
The latest issue of Rue Magazine launched yesterday and I must say I’m in love. Each page I turned I found something new that I loved. This issue definitely didn’t disappoint. I had the wonderful opportunity of hearing these women speak last month at Lavish! and they were great! As a freelance writer, I love reading new magazines to find inspiration for my own work. So I thought I would share a few of my favorite things about the new issue of Rue Magazine.
1. I loved the Miu Miu bag on this page! I love the powder blue color and would love to wear it with a pair of blue jeans. It will definitely be added to my wish list.
2. I love this mustard yellow jacket it just makes the photograph pop of the page. Mustard yellow is one of my favorite colors to wear.
3. Nicole Cohen, from the blog Sketch 42 ‘s New York City apartment was featured in the latest issue of the magazine. I loved every room featured in her house,especially the living room.
4. Aren’t these the cutest champagne bottles. They were featured in the Faire Frou Frou lingerie shoot. These are available to download and would be perfect for a bachelorette party.
photo taken by Andrew Galea Debono
Enjoy your weekend with these weekend links!
+ I found this awesome food blog browsing twitter: Eating is art
+ I have a love affair with Stationary. I have stacks of stationary in my room but I never write letters. LoL! Well I found this local Atlanta blogger who designs stationary. Check out this blog. I especially love The Jewelry He Gives You stationary.
+ Take me away to paradise: Check out Budget Travel online’s article about Readers’ Best Doorway Photos: Here
+Check out some street style looks from the Coachella festival that was held last week on Style’s Website.
Photo Credit: Andrew Galea Debono