Happy Tuesday and Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t have any special plans this year for Valentine’s Day so I’m taking my mom out for dinner. It will be just us girls!
I’ve never been a huge Valentine’s Day fan because I think it’s important to celebrate the people in your life every day.
But there is always an occasion to get dressed up and make yourself look great. I brought this white dress in December for a holiday party. I love the way winter white just pops and I think every woman should have this as a key piece in their wardrobe.
I decided to pair this dress with simple accessories like this lipstick from Nars and this bib necklace. The bold burgundy colors are a great way to add pops of color to this class white dress without over doing it.
2016 was a great year for the food, fashion, and design industry. Turmeric became the spice everyone wanted to use in their food, off the shoulder tops had a big comeback, the design industry made florals hot again. 2017 is rapidly approaching and I am already looking forward to seeing what’s going to be a popular trend in the new year. Pinterest just released its 2017 Pinterest 100 trends report earlier this month and the list is filled with a few surprises. They developed this list based on the most popular pins saved on Pinterest during 2016.
Here are the top 12 food, fashion, beauty and design trends to watch out for in 2017.
- Food is Medicine- In 2016, foods that were good for your health like turmeric saw a big upswing. Everyone, including myself, wanted to consume this powerful spice because of its known health benefits. The trend of using food as medicine is here to stay. Look for foods like grapeseed oil, jackfruit, and kimchi to pop up on your favorite restaurant menus, cookbooks, and food blogs in 2017.
- It is all about Cuban Cuisine– The travel ban to Cuba was lifted in 2016 and Americans are starting to travel to this destination again. Cuba will be the place to go in 2017 but it will also have an impact on our culinary cuisine at home. Expect to see Cuban empanadas, ropa vieja, guava inspired desserts on restaurant menus in 2017.
- Brew your own beer at home– The craft beer industry was all the rage in 2016 and local breweries were popping up everywhere. In 2017, people will want to know how to brew their own craft beers at home. So expect to see home brew kits like this one sold in grocery and liquor stores around the country.
- Camel is the new black– Camel was a popular color this fall for the fashion industry. The color is becoming a staple piece in many people’s closets. This is a trend that is here to stay in 2017.
- Statement sleeves are the new off the shoulder– Cold-shoulder tops were cool while they lasted but expect to see a lot of people wearing bell-bottom sleeves next Spring and Fall like this one.
- Men will add scarfs to their accessories collection-I was just at a holiday party and all men wearing plaid scarves with their blazers. I love that this look is becoming a trend.
- Earthy Greens–The Pantone Color of 2017 was just announced and its “Greenery”. This bright neon green color is earthy and refreshing. Based on the spring runways from Fashion Week, we can expect to see a lot of this color in our spring wardrobe.
- Natural hair and beauty will take center stage– 2017 is all about everything natural when its comes to skin care and beauty. I already rock this mantra but I’m excited to see more natural hair and beauty products on the market.
- Micro-blading is the new threading– Microblading started to generate buzz during the latter part of 2016 but it looks like this trend will become popular in 2017. This process takes a few hours so expect to block out some time on your calendar to get this done. Curious to learn how the process works? This video tutorial explains it all.
- It’s all about the Gold-plated nail- Last summer it was all about the round-shaped nail but this summer everyone will be wearing gold plated nails. I like this trend and I definitely might test this out for NYE.
- Chip and Joanna Gains made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again- One of my favorite HGTV shows is Fixer Upper starring Chip and Joanna Gains. I love their farmhouse inspired designs. Their show has made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again. Expect too see more of this style in 2017.
- Jewel tones take a strong note-Jewel tones are expected to dominate the design industry in 2017. Vibrant colors like emerald greens will bring homes to life.
What trends are you looking forward to seeing in 2017?
In my last post, I shared with you tips and tricks to packing the perfect picnic basket. Today sharing with my favorite picnic basket finds from the internet. Finding the perfect picnic basket that meets your lifestyle can be a challenge because there are so many on the market. Here is a selection of my favorite finds from the internet.
If you ever wanted to stand out in a crowd, this animal print dress is just what you want to wear. I wore this dress out for a girls night out a few weeks ago, and it was definitely a head turner. I love it because you can dress it up or dress it down like I did with this jean jacket. I usually stay away from bold prints, but I am trying incorporate new patterns into my wardrobe.
Not only is this leopard dress great for a night out during the summer, but it can also easily take you right into the fall when paired with a long black jacket or a sweater. This look can be worn a million different ways to appeal to all dayparts of your life.
Tobi has several other bold print dresses that will add a little spice to your day. I am also loving this floral print perfect for a Sunday brunch and this scarf print dress perfect for dancing the night away during your next date night.
Dress c/o Tobi
Dress c/o Free People ( on sale)
Flowers c/o Pro Flowers
Shoes: Nine West (similar)
Happy Valentine’s Day! Love is all around us today. I’ve seen flower and balloon carts on every corner this weekend. Although I’m not a huge fan of this holiday because I think love should be cherished everyday and gifts are such a small part of what true love really feels like. It’s great to see so many people celebrating love.
I’m excited to share this collaboration with Free People. I usually like to keep dates simple and low key by cooking together at home or going to a concert. But I do love getting dressed up every once in a while for date nights not just on Valentine’s Day. This red satin dress from Free People is sexy but comfortable for a night out on the town.
Today I’m sharing a few of my favorite date night spots in Atlanta.
1. Check out a show at the Historic Fox Theatre.
2. Enjoy Friday night Jazz at The High Museum of Art.
3. Spend summer nights at Chastain Park watching a concert.
4.Take a bike ride on Atlanta’s Beltline and enjoy a nice meal at Ponce City Market.
5. Take a cooking class at Preserving Place.