Photography by Amber Corbi.
Jacket from Macy’s INC collection (similiar)// Peplum Top//Jeans
It’s Friday, Friday! Time for casual Fridays. Many of you are headed to work today in a good mood because you are excited to wear your comfy jeans and casual tops. My current workplace has a pretty casual dress code so I can wear jeans whenever I want to.
It has taken me a while to find jeans that I love wearing a couple of times during the week. But on a recent shopping trip to Old Navy, I feel in love with this peplum top and pair of black jeans. I love that these pair of jeans can be dressed up or down. On Friday nights, I’m often headed to dinner with friends after work and this outfit is easy to dress up with a pair of black jeans and a cute clutch.
What are your plans for the weekend?
Spring is officially here! I guess? Last week, the weather was in the 40s and this week the weather is in the 80s in Atlanta. Atlanta is known for is unpredictable temperatures. You never know what you will get when you walk outside. So right now I am wearing lightweight layers that are easy to peel off as the temperature rises.
This outfit from Old Navy is perfect for wearing on a weekend trip to the farmers market or for grabbing coffee with friends. The military style jacket is lightweight and can be thrown into a large tote bag toward the end of a busy day.
Outfit Details// Jacket//Blouse//White Jeans//Tote Bag (similar)
Anyone else caught off guard by this cold swoop of weather? Last week the highs in Atlanta were in the 70s. This week the highs are in the 40s. Yesterday I was so rushed to get out the house for work I forgot to bundle up. Lesson learned! Let’s just say, baby it’s cold outside!
I’m better prepared today. I had a feeling old man winter wasn’t gone for good. I have been saving this post to the share with you on a cold day.
The one thing I love about winter is the layers of clothing you get to wear. This blanket scarf from old navy has become one of favorite winter staples. It’s not too heavy but easily pairs with a lot of classic pieces in my wardrobe.
Photography by Amber Corbi
Happy Tuesday and Happy Valentine’s Day! I don’t have any special plans this year for Valentine’s Day so I’m taking my mom out for dinner. It will be just us girls!
I’ve never been a huge Valentine’s Day fan because I think it’s important to celebrate the people in your life every day.
But there is always an occasion to get dressed up and make yourself look great. I brought this white dress in December for a holiday party. I love the way winter white just pops and I think every woman should have this as a key piece in their wardrobe.
I decided to pair this dress with simple accessories like this lipstick from Nars and this bib necklace. The bold burgundy colors are a great way to add pops of color to this class white dress without over doing it.
2016 was a great year for the food, fashion, and design industry. Turmeric became the spice everyone wanted to use in their food, off the shoulder tops had a big comeback, the design industry made florals hot again. 2017 is rapidly approaching and I am already looking forward to seeing what’s going to be a popular trend in the new year. Pinterest just released its 2017 Pinterest 100 trends report earlier this month and the list is filled with a few surprises. They developed this list based on the most popular pins saved on Pinterest during 2016.
Here are the top 12 food, fashion, beauty and design trends to watch out for in 2017.
- Food is Medicine- In 2016, foods that were good for your health like turmeric saw a big upswing. Everyone, including myself, wanted to consume this powerful spice because of its known health benefits. The trend of using food as medicine is here to stay. Look for foods like grapeseed oil, jackfruit, and kimchi to pop up on your favorite restaurant menus, cookbooks, and food blogs in 2017.
- It is all about Cuban Cuisine– The travel ban to Cuba was lifted in 2016 and Americans are starting to travel to this destination again. Cuba will be the place to go in 2017 but it will also have an impact on our culinary cuisine at home. Expect to see Cuban empanadas, ropa vieja, guava inspired desserts on restaurant menus in 2017.
- Brew your own beer at home– The craft beer industry was all the rage in 2016 and local breweries were popping up everywhere. In 2017, people will want to know how to brew their own craft beers at home. So expect to see home brew kits like this one sold in grocery and liquor stores around the country.
- Camel is the new black– Camel was a popular color this fall for the fashion industry. The color is becoming a staple piece in many people’s closets. This is a trend that is here to stay in 2017.
- Statement sleeves are the new off the shoulder– Cold-shoulder tops were cool while they lasted but expect to see a lot of people wearing bell-bottom sleeves next Spring and Fall like this one.
- Men will add scarfs to their accessories collection-I was just at a holiday party and all men wearing plaid scarves with their blazers. I love that this look is becoming a trend.
- Earthy Greens–The Pantone Color of 2017 was just announced and its “Greenery”. This bright neon green color is earthy and refreshing. Based on the spring runways from Fashion Week, we can expect to see a lot of this color in our spring wardrobe.
- Natural hair and beauty will take center stage– 2017 is all about everything natural when its comes to skin care and beauty. I already rock this mantra but I’m excited to see more natural hair and beauty products on the market.
- Micro-blading is the new threading– Microblading started to generate buzz during the latter part of 2016 but it looks like this trend will become popular in 2017. This process takes a few hours so expect to block out some time on your calendar to get this done. Curious to learn how the process works? This video tutorial explains it all.
- It’s all about the Gold-plated nail- Last summer it was all about the round-shaped nail but this summer everyone will be wearing gold plated nails. I like this trend and I definitely might test this out for NYE.
- Chip and Joanna Gains made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again- One of my favorite HGTV shows is Fixer Upper starring Chip and Joanna Gains. I love their farmhouse inspired designs. Their show has made farmhouse living and reclaimed wood popular again. Expect too see more of this style in 2017.
- Jewel tones take a strong note-Jewel tones are expected to dominate the design industry in 2017. Vibrant colors like emerald greens will bring homes to life.
What trends are you looking forward to seeing in 2017?