The holiday season is the most popular time of year to give gifts. For many people wrapping a present seems like a lot of work so they opt for the traditional gift bag. Growing up, I learned how to wrap a present at the very early age of five. My mother’s first job in high school was working in the gift wrapping department at JCPenney. So our gifts in my household were always perfectly wrapped with a fancy bow.
To make your holiday season this year headache-free. I’ve partnered with Greentop Gifts to show you how to wrap the perfect present. This step by step tutorial will show you how easy it is to wrap a gift.
1. Gather your wrapping materials (Wrapping paper, double-sided tape, scissors, bows, and name tags)
2. Lay the box face down on the gift wrap to measure how much wrapping paper you need. Fold the paper over the box to make sure you have the right amount . Cut the paper along one side but make sure not to cut too much.
3. Fold the cut edge over the box and crease the edge (as seen pictured). Using double-sided tape, tape the creased edge to the box. Bring the other edge to meet the already wrapped end. Trim the open ends of the box, if you have to much paper hanging over the box (estimated about 1 inch)
4. Push the sides of the paper inward creating 45 degree-angle creased flaps (pictured above). Fold down the top flap to meet the bottom edge of the box. Trim the paper along the bottom crease of the box to make sure each flap measures parallel. Adhere to the box. Fold under any excess paper on the bottom or top flap so that each side lines up perfectly. Apply double-sided tape to the bottom of the flap, then fold it over the top flap and seal with tape.
5. Repeat step 4 on both sides.
6. Now that you’ve wrapped your present, its time to add the finishing touches. Top your present with a bow and a name tag. Here is a great video with a few tips on how to tie the perfect bow for your present.
Throughout this holiday season, I will be giving away several gifts away to my social media followers. So head over to my Instagram and Facebook pages today to learn how you can win a prize pack from Greentop Gifts this holiday season.
Disclaimer: This blog post is sponsored by Greentop Gifts.