Easter is this weekend and you need a brunch recipe. Today I’m sharing one of my favorite recipes to bring to brunch. Quiche! I love making Quiches because they are so easy to make and they last for days. So kicking off the start of spring, I decided to make a quiche using Zucchini and fresh herbs I had in my refrigerator.Instead of using milk or cream I used Kefir since I’m lactose intolerant. My favorite kefir is the Lifeway Kefir.
Check out the recipe below and let me know what your favorite recipe is.
Spring Vegetable Quiche
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup kefir yogurt
- 1 store brought pie dough or puff pastry
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 zucchini, spiralized
- 1/2 onion, diced
- fresh herbs like parsley, dill, thyme
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees. Roll out your pastry dough into a pie shell. Cover pie dough edges with foil to prevent from browning. Bake the pastry dough for 15-20 minutes prior to making your quiche to set the dough. Remove to cool for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, scramble your eggs your kefir, cheese, onion, salt, pepper, zucchini, and fresh herbs together. Add your egg mixture to the pie shell. Keep pie dough edges covered with foil. Remove foil 15 minutes before the quiche is done.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until brown.