As I mentioned in my last blog post on finding inspiration for creating vision board, I hosted my first vision board party on Sunday. I invited a few friends over to create our boards and books together. I’m a bit of a magazine hoarder, so this was also an opportunity to get rid of the stacks piling up. I decided to create a vision board this year rather than setting new years resolutions. I wanted to be able to visualize, pray and meditate over my goals on a daily basis. I’ve heard how transformational vision boards were and wanted to try it for myself.
How to create a vision board
- Gather your supplies – Head to your local grocery or craft store to pick up the essentials for making your vision board. You’ll need scissors, glue, magazines, poster board. I decided to frame my board so I can hang it above my desk. One of my friends decided to do hers on a push pin board so she can change her board as needed another one created a vision board book so each year she can add a page. I got most of my items at Target, Marshalls and Hobby Lobby.
- Plan your goals– Write out the goals that you would like to work toward this year on a sheet of paper. I knew that for 2016 to I wanted to make strides in my career, travel, my relationships, and staying balanced.
- Choose a color theme- I ran out of room on my vision board but my goal was incorporate fabrics that matched my home office/guest room. I brought green and gold fabrics to add to the board. I think adding color to the board allows it to pop but also match the area where your board will be.
- Start clipping and collecting– Flip through your favorite magazines to find quotes and images that are inspiring to you. Clip them and set aside. I started looking through my favorite magazines days ahead and putting the clippings in a ziplock page.
- Have fun!- Have fun when organizing your board. I had a little bit to much fun and ran out of places to put all of my clippings.
- Find a place to hang your board- Lastly find a place to hang your board. Make sure it’s a private area that’s your visit everyday. Some great places are your bathroom, your closet, or an extra room.