One of my friends reached out to me asking me for easy and healthy breakfast ideas that she could have during the work week that can be taken on the go. So I suggested she try overnight oats in a mason jar, because they are so simple and healthy. Overnight oats can be made the night before and taken on the go the next morning.
Using leftover canned pumpkin, I decided to test out a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats myself. This fiber rich recipe is full of fall flavors and packed with protein. This Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats recipe uses rolled oats, kefir, lactose-free or a dairy alternative milk, cinnamon,pumpkin spice, canned pumpkin, maple syrup, a dash of salt, vanilla extract, protein powder and walnuts as a topping. Oatmeal is one of my favorite fall and winter breakfast dishes but the pumpkin gives it a new flavor punch.
You add all of these ingredients to your mason jars, stir them together, seal them with a lid and let them sit overnight in the refrigerator. These Pumpkin Spice Overnight Oats can be eaten cold or heated in the microwave for 1 minute. Topped with nuts and maple syrup. Enjoy!
- 1 cup of lactose-free milk or a dairy alternative milk
- 1/2 cup of Kefir
- 2-3 tablespoons of canned pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie puree
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbs maple syrup
- 1 cup of rolled oats uncooked
- 1/4 cup protein powder
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients together and store in mason jar overnight. Top with maple syrup, granola or nuts.
- Optional: You can add 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds if you would like.
What’s your favorite on the go breakfast?