It’s officially apple season! I couldn’t think of a more perfect way to celebrate the start of fall by sharing an apple recipe. Apples are great for baking and they are so simple to use. I decided to merge two of my fall favorites, caramel and apples to make an Apple Tart. This dessert is so easy to make that you can prepare it for your guests at your next fall dinner party.
Caramel Apple Tart
A Caramel Apple Tart
- 5 Red Delicious apples, peeled and cored
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- 1 cup of water
- 1 puff pastry
- 2 tablespoons butter, sliced
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 cup of caramel sauce, homemade or store brought
- 1 rectangular tart pan
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare puff pastry according to the package instructions. On a flat surface,roll out the puff pastry between parchment or wax paper.
- Be very careful because puff pastry can break. Carefully place the puff pastry into your start pan.
- Once you've placed the puff pastry in the pan, go around with your fingers to make sure the corners are tight. Trim any excess dough hanging off the edges with a knife.
- Now add your water and lemon to a small bowl. Set it aside.
- Thinly slice your apples and place them in the bowl of water so that they won't turn brown.
- Press slices of butter into tart pan. Then sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Remove apples from the water and arrange accordingly on the tart.
- Place tart in the oven for 30 minutes until lightly brown.
- After 30 minutes remove tart from the oven and drizzle with caramel sauce.
- Now place the tart back in the oven for another 15- 20 minutes.
- Once the start is done, allow it to cool for 10-20 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of ice cream.