Looking back at the past year, 2012 was great overall despite a few hiccups in my personal life. I vowed to stop setting resolutions and make realistic goals instead. This was the first year I met most of my New Years goals. Last year, I said I was going to do the following:
1. Get in Shape- I lost 25 pounds doing the Weight Watchers program. I started looking at pictures of my self realizing I had put on quite a few pounds and wanted to make a lifestyle change. Now that I’ve lost the weight, I feel great and actually enjoy working out now.
2. Use my Passport- Still working on using my passport but I did go to the Caribbean. I went to Puerto Rico with friends from college. It was the best trip of my life and I am already talking about going to Europe in 2013 with friends.
3. Collaborate- This year using my blog, I had opportunity to collaborate with several brands, bloggers, and interview several high-profile people on Eat.Drink.Shop.Love.
4. Start Dating Again- Well, that didn’t happen because I decided I was going to take 2012 off from dating and focus on me. It was the best thing that I could have done for myself because now I am focused on my future and confident in myself. So we shall what 2012 holds for me in the arena because I am ready to get back in the game.
5. Faith-Last year I vowed to get more involved in my church. Last January, I joined a small group within my church. For those of you who don’t what a small group is, It’s like a bible study but we meet in someones home instead of at the church. My small group is the best. Really it is. These women have really gotten me through the year. My group consists of 6 women from the ages of 25-33. We don’t just talk about the bible we also have fun happy hours, late nights talking about real life, and just hanging out. These women have become my best friends and sisters for life.
6. Spend less, Save More- I have a serious shopping issue, so this year I really had to scale back and save. I should meet my savings goal in January.
7. Foodie Bucket List- This year I managed to cross a few places off my foodie bucket list in Atlanta. Looking forward to testing out more new restaurants in Atlanta next year.
8. Focus on the Present- I’ve managed to focus on the present more this year but I think I have to thank my small group girls for that because what we have been studying has really helped with that.
Did you meet all of your goals in 2012?
I am pleased with how 2012 turned out that I can’t wait for 2013 to come knocking at the door. Happy New Year! Tomorrow I’ll be sharing what my goals are for 2013 and what exciting things I have planned for Eat.Drink.Shop.Love. I hope you will continue to comment and remain a loyal reader in 2013.